Setting up environment for MSDProject
For this we need the following software and tools
- JDK 1.8
- Eclipse Neon or Oxygen
- Apache Tomcat
- Spring Libraries
- Apache Commons Libraries
- Download and Install the latest JDK [http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/jdk8-downloads-2133151.html]
- Setup path variables for JAVA_HOME and make sure JAVA is configured properly [https://www.java.com/en/download/help/path.xml]
- Download Eclipse Installer from [http://www.eclipse.org/downloads/]
- Once the installer is open, select "Eclipse IDE for Java EE Developers"
- Download and Extract TOMCAT for windows [https://www.ntu.edu.sg/home/ehchua/programming/howto/Tomcat_HowTo.html]
- Setup path variables for TOMCAT
- Download Spring jar files [http://repo.spring.io/release/org/springframework/spring/4.3.4.RELEASE/spring-framework-4.3.4.RELEASE-dist.zip]
- Download apache commons logging jar [http://commons.apache.org/proper/commons-logging/download_logging.cgi]
- Create a Github account [www.github.com]
- Download and install git hub for desktop [https://github-windows.s3.amazonaws.com/GitHubSetup.exe]
- Go to [https://github.com/CloudyPadmal/Internship-Management-System]
- There is a button "Fork" at the top of the screen. Click it
- Go to your git hub page and clone it to your computer [https://help.github.com/desktop/guides/contributing/cloning-a-repository-from-github-to-github-desktop/]
And we're ready!
Open eclipse and try opening the project!